CLEF-IP workshop at CLEF 2012 in Rome
These are the overview presentations given at the CLEF 2012 conference:
Lab overview (pdf)
Image tasks overview (pdf) - contains charts with the (partial) results of the Flow chart Task and the results of the Chemical Image recognition task
Below is the planned programme for the CLEF-IP workshop. Each presenter has 30 minutes allocated to them. Please leave room for questions (about 5 minutes).
Wed, September 19
10:30 - 12:30 Flow-chart and Chemical Structure Recogitionition
Chair: Mihai Lupu
14:00 - 16:00
- Visual Structure Analysis of Flow Charts in Patent Images. Roland Mörzinger. Joanneum Research Forschungsgesellschaft mbH, Inst. f. Information and Communication Techonologies. (workshop notes)
- Textual summarisation of flowcharts in patent drawings for CLEF-IP 2012. Patrice Lopez. Inria (workshop notes)
- CVC-UAB's participation in the Flowchart Recognition Task of CLEF-IP 2012. Lluís-Pere de las Heras. Computer Vision Center, Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona. (workshop notes)
- Noureddin Sadawi. Performance of MolRec at CLEF 2012: Overview and Analysis of Reslits. Noureddin Sadawi. University of Birmingham. (workshop notes, slides, poster)
- Discussions on the Flow-chart Recognition and on the Chemical Structure Recognition tasks, future image-related tasks.
Thu, September 20
9:30 - 10:30 Passage Retrieval Starting from Claims
Chair: Florina Piroi
11:00 - 13:00
- What makes a baseline a baseline? Tomas Wilhelm. Chemnitz University of Technology, Department of Computer Science (workshop notes, slides, poster)
- BiTeM site report for the Claims to Passage task in CLEF-IP 2012. Julien Gobeill. University of Applied Sciences, Information Studies, Geneva (workshop notes)
- Report on the CLEF-IP 2012 Experiments: Search of Topically Organized Patents. Mike Salampasis. Vienna University of Technology, Inst. f. Software Technology and Interactive Systems. (workshop notes)
- Report on the CLEF-IP 2012 Experiments: Exploring Passage Retrieval with the PIPExtractor. Linda Andersson. Vienna University of Technology, Inst. f. Software Technology and Interactive Systems. (workshop notes, slides)
- Discussion session on measures, obtaining relevance judgements, etc.
- Discussion on future plans, possibilities, etc.
- Closing the workshop